|Huskies Blast 7 Goals Past Badgers|
The St. Cloud State Huskies beat the Wisconsin Badgers Friday night at the National Hockey Center 7-2. Special teams were awesome scoring 2 goals on the powerplay and 1 shorthanded goal while killing all 5 Wisconsin powerplays. Freshman defender Andrew Prochno continued his impressive play this season scoring a power play slapshot from the blueline. Junior forward David Eddy finally got his first (and second) goals of the season. Nic Dowd scored an awesome shorthanded breakaway goal. Captain Ben Hanowski looked great scoring 2 goals. Overall a great team effort with lots of contributions.
SCSU scoring looked like this:
- Andrew Prochno (Cam Reid)
- David Eddy (Nic Dowd)
- Cory Thorson (Mitch MacMillan, Tim Daly)
- Eddy (Jared Festler, Sam Zabkowicz)
- Ben Hanowski (Cam Reid, Nick Jensen)
- Nic Dowd (Nick Jensen)
- Ben Hanowski (Drew LeBlanc, Kevin Gravel)
Notes from the Game:
- Jared Feslter may be injured for tonight. If he is not in the lineup expect to see either freshmen Garrett Milan or Brooks Bertsch.
- Freshman Tim Daly played in place of junior Taylor Johnson who as been out with pneumonia.
- David Eddy received a game misconduct on what sounds like an accidental issue with his mask getting caught on a Wisconsin player.
- Three stars of the game: 1. Eddy, 2. Dowd, 3. Hanowski.
- Freshman goalie Ryan Faragher had 26 saves between the pipes going 2-2-0 on the season with a 2.03 GAA and a .935 save rate.
- Drew LeBlanc is getting very close to 100 career points as a Husky. He now has 97 career points.
- Huskies dominate the power play, beat Badgers 7-2
- Eddy scores twice to guide St. Cloud over Wisconsin
- Huskies Claim 7-2 Victory Over Badgers
- Huskies Route the Badgers 7-2 on Friday Night at the NHC
- UW men's hockey: Badgers' youth shows against St. Cloud State
- Badgers fall to Huskies on the road