Thursday, July 29, 2010

O Captain! My Captian!

A couple of former Sioux Falls Stampede captains have recently made some news:

Thomas Vanek (alumni '99-'02) was recently featured on Puck Daddy for his theme song of the Thomas Vanek biography.



Andrew Carroll ('03-'05) recently signed a contract with the ECHL Greenville Road Warriors.

Last, but not least (and definitely the most exciting part of this post) Nate Prosser ('03-'06) signed a 1 year contract with the Minnesota Wild! According to Wild GM Chuck Fletcher, Prosser, "fared well" and "played at a level I don't think any of us thought he could play at that quickly." Other sources are reporting that Nate has " a legitimate chance to make the team." Needless to say, I would be SUPER PUMPED if the MN Wild had BOTH a former SCSU Husky and a Sioux Falls Stampede player on their roster next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome opposing opinions and I believe they are an important part of any blogging community. However, please do not post anything vulgar or irrelevant. If you post something that I find inappropriate it will be removed, so please do not bother adding it.