|The Huskies need to come together to turn this season around|
- Friday Night: Early goals cost SCSU
- Friday Night: Huskies Suffer 3-0 Loss to Colorado College
- Saturday Night: SCSU's tailspin continues, 5-2
- Saturday Night: Colorado College Tips St. Cloud State, 5-2
Trying to find a sunny side of the street when it is snowing, below zero and the wind is howling
- The Huskies played their "...best all-around game for the forwards and defensemen for the Huskies this season in the 5-2 loss to Colorado College. For one thing, the team showed a lot more effort for the majority of the game."
- On Saturday night, "The Huskies were aggressive, banged people around in the corners, made passes to the front of the net, had people at the front of the net and did a better job of keeping the opposing players wide in their own end and getting into more passing lanes."
- SCSU's "...penalty kill is at 82.9 percent for the season, which is fifth in the WCHA."
- "...the Huskies are a plus-4 in special teams net and that's also fifth in the conference."
- In the first eight games of the second half of the season, "seven games in that stretch are against teams below .500 and there are four home games in this stretch."
- SCSU is, "but is four points out of eighth place and seven points out of home ice for the first round of the playoffs."
- In the locker room, "there's still confidence that they're going to turn this thing around."
- The last time the Huskies were this bad ('95-'96) Matt Cullen and Mark Parrish were on the team. Both went on to great NHL careers.
- "There is still time to salvage the season. It won’t be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is."
- "During the first 10 minutes of Saturday night’s game against Colorado College, you proved, when motivated, that you could be an elite team."
- "A bounce or two can change the entire outlook of a season."
- "You cannot let this lack of faith bury your confidence. You can only play for the guys in the locker room wearing the C-St."
- "Ring in the New Year by playing hard, Husky Hockey. Then, you can forget about the slow start, your confidence will return and the wins will start to pile up."
"...at St. Cloud. Hockey is everything there and the fans were so passionate."
~Husky Hockey player, NHL player, and US Olympian Ryan Malone