- Huskies blast Bulldogs, 8-2
- Huskies Stun #3 Minnesota Duluth, 8-2
- St. Cloud dominates No. 3 Minnesota-Duluth, 8–2
On Saturday the Huskies brought back the same intensity they displayed on Saturday. Jared Festler and Travis Novak both put a goal in during the first period. Aaron Marvin came in strong right away in the second period by lighting the lamp just 23 seconds in, making the score 3-0 Huskies. Unfortunatly, the Bulldogs fought back to make the final score 3-3. (At least the didn't completely blow a 3 goal lead like last weekend). During the INCH podcast this week, the Saturday game was discussed as whether the tie feels like a win or a loss. The commentators said that this tie would feel like a major win for the Bulldogs after Friday night and going down 3 goals early on Saturday night. However, taking 3 points away from the Bulldogs this weekend, would you say the tie felt like a loss for the Huskies? Because of the awesome play Friday and the 3 goal lead Saturday I would say the tie kind of feels like a loss for Husky fans; however, taking 3 points from the Bulldogs does not seem like a bad weekend to me. You can read more about the games here:
- Huskies Bring Back Three Points from UMD
- Huskies hang on to tie Bulldogs
- Hendrickson goal caps Minnesota-Duluth rally in tie with St. Cloud
- The Huskies will play rival the University of North Dakota this weekend. You can read a little about the ticket information here and about TV viewing here. (I will have more on this series later this week).
- According to the KVSC twitter page, there may have been an incident with Aaron Marvin slashing Jack Connolly this weekend. (I did not see it, so I will refrain from commenting on whether it warrants disciplinary action or not). With Marvin's history with UND there could be added controversy if he does not get any kind of game suspension and plays the Sioux this weekend.
- Former Husky goaltender Jase Weslosky is heading to the AHL team Toronto Marlies.
- This weeks INCH podcast also said that St. Cloud State has been "incredibly" better during the second half of the season and would be a "team you would not want to face" in the first round of the WCHA conference playoffs.
Another reason this weekend was good was that I attended a St. Louis Blues vs. Minnesota Wild game Friday night (I currently live in Memphis, TN). The game was awesome with the Wild winning in a 9-round shootout. See video below: