- According to Goon's World the Fighting Sioux will wear their alternate black jerseys. I remember reading somewhere that the Sioux do pretty well wearing black. If you have any stats on this post them in the comments please.
- According to the Grand Forks Herald in an article title, "UND Fighting Sioux hockey: A lengthy drought on Friday nights", the Sioux have not won a game at the National Hockey Center on a Friday night in well over a decade. Let's hope we continue that streak eh?
- From the CIC twitter page: The annual UND/ SCSU pregame social will be held at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites (Legends bar) in St. Cloud from 4:00-6:00 PM Saturday. Food and Prizes will be given away. This is a great tradition between some of the most passionate fan bases in collegiate hockey so if you are available make sure you stop by.
- Speaking of the Center Ice Club, the Bob Motzko Coaches Show is now available.
- The Center Ice Club player of the week was Oliver Lauridson for his +3 rating and 3 assists against UMD.
- Also earning an award this week was freshmen Nick Jensen. Jensen is the WCHA Rookie of the Week. Also nominated was Mike Lee for Defensive Player of the Week and Jared Festler for Offensive Player of the Week.
- Mick Hatten at the St. Cloud Times has some interesting notes from last weekend. Included are the fact that representatives from the Pittsburgh Penguins were on hand for Friday night's 8-2 Huskies win where Hanowski had two goals and an assist in the game. Also some good stuff on the improvement of special teams and the teams leading scorers in the second half.
- St. Cloud State University will salute Hockey Weekend Across America on Feb. 18-19, as the Huskies will play host to the University of North Dakota in WCHA men's hockey action at the National Hockey Center.
- On Saturday, Feb. 26 when the Huskies host the University of Wisconsin Badgers at the NHC, SCSU will be wearing special "throwback" jerseys from the mid-1960s. This will be an excellent opportunity for Husky fans to purchase a one-of-a-kind, game-worn Husky sweater. For more information on the silent auction, please call Scott Schreiner at 320-308-2293.
|Sweet Retro Sweaters!|
Some videos for you!