|The Huskies will face the UW Badgers in the final regular season home-series of the year|
- First off, we will be playing the Wisconsin Badgers this week. The Huskies have a recent love/ hate relationship with the Badgers. The Huskies dominated the Badgers last season in the Final Five with exceptional play from goalie Mike Lee. Only to have the Badgers exact their revenge on the Huskies preventing the Huskies from making it into the NCAA Frozen Four last year. Ouch! You can read a preview of this weekends game from the blog Sixty Minutes, No Alibis, No Regrets.
- The Sixty Minutes blog also had some nice things to say about Husky forward David Eddy.
- The latest Bob Motzko Show is available from the Center Ice Club. It was interesting to hear the coach talk about some of the suspect refereeing and the team deserving a much better fate against UND. Both of which were topics covered in my last blog.
- Speaking of which, goalie Mike Lee is the CIC Player of the Week after Stopping 60 of 65 SOG for a .92 SV% vs UND.
- This weekend will be the last regular season home game of the year. As such, there will be many exciting things going on at the National Hockey Center.
- Friday night, SCSU Athletics will be drawing the lucky winner of the 2010 Arctic Cat Prowler Raffle.
- Also on Friday, the CIC has arranged to have noted hockey writer John Gilbert present to autograph his Herb Brooks book.
- Saturday night will be senior night. There will be a special salute to the 2010-2011 SCSU Seniors (Brett Barta, Dan Dunn, Aaron Marvin, Nick Oslund, Nic Rioux, Garrett Roe and Brian Volpei).
- Also on Saturday night, the Huskies will be wearing a retro-jersey. Fans will be able to purchase a one-of-a-kind, game-worn Husky sweater during a silent auction.
- Former Husky Mike Doyle has a good post about disallowed goals. Very fitting with last weekends disallowed goals extravaganza.
- Also from Mike Doyle is a good piece on freshman Nic Dowd. You can see the video below:
- St. Cloud State Director of Athletics Morris Kurtz announced today that he will retire from his position June 30, 2012. Husky Hockey fans will most fondly remember Kurtz for the hiring of U.S. Coaching Legend Herb Brooks as head coach of men’s hockey, the building of the National Hockey Center and the elevation of Husky Hockey to Division I. Patty Brooks, the widow of Herb Brooks had this to say:
"Morris and Herbie worked really well together. Both were able to realize their dreams. At the time John Mariucci was quite ill and he and Herbie shared a vision that whenever possible they would promote new hockey programs and expand opportunities for Minnesota players. I always felt Morris also had that vision to expand programs at St. Cloud State"
- In the newest edition of "Where are they Now?" we learn about Husky alum Joe Motzko:
- Good news for Husky Alum Matt Hendricks. Today Hendricks was given a 2-year extension with the Washington Capitals worth $1.6 million.