|Good Job Team!|
"...the Huskies have played some of their strongest hockey of the season over the last three weeks — and following their dominant sweep of the Badgers over the weekend..."
"...if the Huskies continue to score like they did against Wisconsin, there is a good chance SCSU can make a deep run in the WCHA playoffs..."
"SCSU's series at Magness Arena also has national implications. Victories could move the Huskies even closer to the at-large bubble in the Pairwise, where they currently sit in a tie for 19th with in-state rival Minnesota."
"St. Cloud is among the hottest teams in the league. Perhaps most impressive is the quality of opponent during that stretch, however."Other Notes:
- After a bad hit in the first period in Saturday night's game against Wisconsin, freshmen sensation Nic Dowd may not be playing this weekend. Coach Motzko said, "If this was the playoffs, he'd play. This might be a decision where we play it cautionary for this weekend." Tough news for the Huskies who are going to need everyone contributing to get the wins they need from Denver.
- Check out Mick Hatten's blog for more information on Dowd as well as our first preliminary look into next seasons schedule.
- You can check out some good stuff on the importance of this weeks final regular season games in an article titled, "A PWR tour of WCHA teams".
- You can check out a preview of the DU vs. SCSU game at the Denver Athletics website.
- Former SCSU goalie Jase Weslosky has joined former SCSU goalie Bobby Goepfert with the Florida Everblades.
- Fellow Husky blogger and former Husky player Mike Doyle has a good post titled, "Viewer comments on the SCSU vs. UW broadcast". Please read it. It demonstrates both the complete idiocy of some fans around the WCHA as well as the dignity of Mike Doyle in his response. Great post from a great blog.