- The Center Ice Club player of the week is Aaron Marvin. Marvin scored a goal each night last weekend and notched an assist on Saturday. He had 9 SOG and was a +2. Congrats to Captain Marvin.
- Due to technical issues, the Bob Motzko Show is not available online this week. I am kind of disappointed about that because I was interested in learning about what the coaches were doing to prepare for this weekends games against UNO.
- Speaking of Aaron Marvin, SC Times columnist, Mick Hatten, has a new article about Marvin online. The article "SCSU's Marvin hits right spots" talks about Marvin as a hockey player, student, and hunter. The article also mentions some of the "ups and downs" of last season which included two suspensions from hits on UND's Chay Genoway and UW's Blake Geoffrion. A couple of key quotes from the post:
“He’s (Marvin) one of the hardest working guys I’ve been around in my career,” ~Coach Motzko
“Because of his points last year (16), he was one of the most under-ranked players in our league. He’s one of the most effective players in our league at what he does. It’s just great that he’s getting some offense right now and to feel a part of that offense". ~Coach Motzko
“I think the term that best describes him is he’s an honest player, meaning he does the little things. He’s simple. He makes the right play a lot. He’s not going to force something blindly. He just gets the job done and continues to work and work and work and lead us by his example.” ~senior assistant captain Garrett Roe
- You can catch an interview from last weekend with Bret Hedican over at KVSC.org.
- The forward lines from Wednesday's practice (courtesy of KVSC twitter page): Hanowski-Roe-Dowd, Mosey-Marvin-Novak, Reid-LeBlanc-Festler, MacMillan-Christian-Volpei. Will Motzko ever settle on some lines? Or a starting goalie?