Friday night's game- Huskies lost 3-0 to the University of Nebraska Omaha:
From the Center Ice Club:
- The CIC Player of the Week is Travis Novak who tied the game on Saturday night.
- Listen to the Bob Motzko Show here.
- UNO continues to roll, SCSU still looking for spark
- Answering a reader's question about slow starts and WCHA finishes; a note on the goaltending if you missed it- This is a good blog about St. Cloud and slow starts to the year. Earlier in this blog I mentioned how SCSU started slow last year (3-2-1) and had a steady decline in the rankings, but then came back to play in the WCHA championship game, won its first NCAA game, and finished ranked 5th in the nation.
- College hockey: Life on the road- Good blog on traveling for college hockey games. Addresses specifically our trip to Alaska this weekend. Looks like the boys will be playing for the first time in our black third jerseys.
- USHL Alumni Interview: Kevin Gravel
- Seawolves entertain Huskies in WCHA series- Good preview for this weekend's games.
- The Huskies have left for Anchorage, Alaska. During the Bob Motzko Show, Coach says he believes that this trip is exactly what the Huskies need right now. Hopefully we can see some great things from them this weekend.
- Coach Motzko discontinued the rotating goalies last weekend, choosing to put Mike Lee in net for both games. Mike Lee is expected to get the start for both games this weekend as well. I hope this will be motivation and incentive for him to have great games.
- UAA head coach Dave Shyiak is 2-12-2 against St. Cloud.
- UAA is winless against the Huskies in the last four games.
- Overall, SCSU leads against UAA 47-13-6