|Cam Reid- CIC Player of the Week|
- Check out this week's Coach Bob Motzko's Show over at the Center Ice Club. This week senior defensemen Chris Hepp talks about his goal last weekend, his journey to SCSU, and his role on the team. Also hear from Coach about what the team is doing well and what it needs to improve on by this weekend against WCHA newcomer Bemidji State.
- The Center Ice Club player of the week is freshmen Cam Reid. Reid had a goal each night last week, one assist, and was +1.
- You can listen to an interview this week done by KVSC at SCSU with Cam Reid here.
- Check out Mick Hatten's latest blog, "A couple notes from SCSU men's hockey practice; new USCHO.com poll out". In the blog, Hatten talks about the Huskies game last weekend and the apparent roller coaster ride that we have been on. He also mentions some notes about this weekends upcoming series against Bemidji. Bemidji State is 0-3-1 with all four games at home; however, the Huskies can expect them to come at them hard this weekend. The line juggeling is likely to continue for this weekend with the exception of the Reid-LeBlanc- Festler line.
- Ben Hanowski, who was surprisingly set out Saturday night, is expected to return to the lineup this weekend. The Coach is expecting him to play with much more determination. Earlier this week in practice he was seen on the line with Roe and Dowd.
- SCSU Husky Hockey Alumni Day is set for Nov. 6. Former players from all eras of Husky hockey are invited to take part in the men's hockey alumni day. The alumni men's hockey players will be honored at an on-ice ceremony prior to the start of the SCSU-Bemidji State game at the National Hockey Center. Retired NHL star, Stanley Cup winner, and former Olympian Bret Hedican is expected to be in attendance.
- Freshmen defensive player Nick Jensen is already making his NHL team the Detroit Red Wings take notice. Read "Jensen a hit on first college try".
- The Sioux Falls Stampede gained some recognition this week by the USHL for its ability to instill leadership in its players. The article says, "14 of the 58 Division I hockey programs in the United States have chosen to rely on Sioux Falls alumni for leadership. That is almost one-quarter of NCAA hockey." Way to go Sioux Falls and the Stampede organization!
- The MN Wild has an impressive 1-0 win over the San Jose Sharks yesterday. Because it was aired nationally on Versus I was able to catch the game. I thought Backstrom's work in net was amazing. The question I had after the game was can either of St. Cloud's goalies "steal the show" the way Backstrom did in that game? Was Dunn's performance against Miami a few weeks ago an example of how great goalies can "steal the show" (Miami is now the #1 team in the nation and he only allowed one goal in)?