- First, and most important, Travis Novak continues to do well after his hit last week from behind head first into the boards. He was able to fly back with the team as scheduled and was back in classes last week. They found no fractures when he was taken to the hospital and X-rayed. Despite being "very sore in the neck", according to team captain Aaron Marvin, Coach Bob Motzko expects Novak to play this weekend against rivial UND. You can read more about it in the article, "Good news on Huskies' Novak" and, "We should not forget human element".
- Mick Hatten has a new blog post available about Husky recruit Ethan Prow titled, "SCSU hockey recruit adjusts to play in the USHL". Prow currently plays in the USHL for Des Moines Buccaneers.
- Husky defensemen Oliver Lauridsen's "little" brother Markus Lauridsen, has committed to play for SCSU. Markus currently plays for the Green Bay Gamblers in the USHL. I had the opportunity to see Markus play last weekend against my Sioux Falls Stampede. He looked big, but still has some developing to do. Markus, like his brother, is a large (6-foot-1, 201-pounds at 19-years-old) and plays defense. You can read more about him at the blog post, "Lauridsen's brother commits to Huskies"
- The Center Ice Club player of the week was Drew LaBlanc. He had 2 goals and an assist in the last series against UAA.
- There was no Bob Motzko show this week. However, you can catch last week's episode here.
- An article over at USCHO.com, "Inconsistency the issue for underperforming St. Cloud State" wraps up the teams performance and the fans frustrations very well so far this season.
- This weekend the Huskies will face up against one of our greatest rivals, the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. There is a UND/ SCSU fan social planned on Saturday, December 4th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Southgate Grill and Bar in Grand Forks. According to SiouxSports.com, this pre-game social is "an annual event which provides an opportunity for fans of the University of North Dakota and St. Cloud State University to gather, celebrate the great sport of hockey, and award the UND/SCSU Challenge Cup, a traveling trophy which is presented to the team which collects more points in the four regular-season games between the schools." You can read more about it here. If you are going to the game(s) I would encourage you to attend. I think it is great when opposing fans have the opportunity to gather and celebrate their passion for their teams. The website goes on to comment, "Fans of both teams enjoy the camaraderie at these social events and regularly comment that the connection between the two fan bases is among the best in college hockey." I really wish I could be there!
- Puck Daddy recently rated the top 10 greatest Movember mustaches for 2010. Minnesota Wild player Cal Clutterbuck was ranked 1st place and Wild player Brent Burns came in 3rd. Right in between at number 2 was Husky Hockey alum Ryan Malone. See picture below:
- I recently saw this preview to the 24/7 Capitals/ Penguins: Road to the NHL Winter Classic. Makes me wish I had HBO: