- The freshmen did really well in their first game as Huskies. Mitch MacMillian had a goal and an assist. Bryce Johnson added a goal in as well. Cam Reid assisted on a goal by Nick Oslund. All eight of our new guys had playing time (Hepp, Mosey, and Christian all sat this game out).
- Each of our goalies played a period. Mike Lee did not allow any goals on 14 shots in the first period (he is looking very sharp this year). Dan Dunn allowed 3 goals in 13 shots in the second (however 2 of the goals came on the power play). Nate Hardy played in the third period saving 6 shots and allowing 1 goal in.
- The Huskies veterans had a great night as well. Garrett Roe had a goal and two assists. Drew LeBlanc had two goals. Nick Oslund had a goal and an assist. Ben Hanowski had two assists. Aaron Marvin had two assists.
- Travis Novak showed some exceptional speed with a breakaway goal. Novak's speed was one of the key factors to SCSU's success last year in short-handed goals. Last year SCSU led the nation (along with BU) in SHG's.
- The three stars from the game last night. 1. LeBlanc (SCSU); 2. Roe (SCSU); 3. MacMillan (SCSU).
"It was an unbelievable atmosphere and it was only an exhibition game. The starting (introductions before the game) was really cool. I've never experienced something like that." ~Mitch MacMillian
"I've played in front of 2,000 or 3,000 fans before. But it was fun to see how they support the program here." ~Bryce JohnsonBelow is a post game interview by freshmen Mitch MacMillian and Aaron Marvin:
The Huskies play next on Oct. 8-9 at the Nebraska Omaha tournament for games against RIT and Clarkson. SCSU's next home game at the National Hockey Center will be on Oct. 15-16 against nationally ranked Miami (Ohio).