Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Random Luck...


As I was visiting the AHL Charlotte Checkers website to see if I could find any more information about their recent acquisition of former SCSU goalie Bobby Geopfert (see previous post) I saw that the Checkers also just signed former Sioux Falls Stampede player Jacob Micflikier (Stampede alum '01-'03). Now most of you WCHA fans will probably not recognize Jacob Micflikier's name (as he attended four years of collegiate hockey at the University of New Hampshire) but any of you who follow the Sioux Falls Stampede program are sure to recognize the name. Interestingly enough, Jacob and I graduated from the same high school (Roosevelt High School), had the same biology class our senior year, and were actually lab partners. Crazy coincidence. Good luck to Jacob, Bobby, and the rest of the Charlotte Checkers this upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome opposing opinions and I believe they are an important part of any blogging community. However, please do not post anything vulgar or irrelevant. If you post something that I find inappropriate it will be removed, so please do not bother adding it.